Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We came over to sit.

Lars and the Real Girl - 2/10. One of the new school, a direct descendant of 'The Squid and the Whale' (except I enjoyed that movie), where the movie attempts to take on a serious subject matter as it drowns in its quirkiness and disguises itself as a comedy while taking itself way too fucking seriously (re: The Savages, most things Mike White is a part of). One of the rare movies that offends me with how bad it is. Fuck. A 'Waking Ned Devine' for the mentally handicapped.

5 comments:

Bukes said...

Perhaps if you had seen this in Richmond with the rest of us, you would feel differently.

Slate Donaldson said...

Yeah. It was delightful. And so was the company.

David Byrd said...

I saw this movie as well and I wanted to take bathroom breaks, food breaks, and walk down the street breaks with out pausing the movie. However Alisha did enjoy the movie and with you could say better things about this film.

Anonymous said...

8/10
waking ned devine 9.8/10

not eb said...

People think this means I don't like Waking Ned Devine. I really like Waking Ned Devine.