Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Our place in the dirt.

Interstellar - 3/5
I think it’s funny, I think it’s interesting, I think it’s weird that the man accused (by me) of being incapable of joy makes a movie where love is the central macguffin. I appreciate him taking a stab at emotion, but he pokes a hole right through the thing. He carries the weight of a feeling like an exposition drop. Love as a non-sequitir that must be explained. He treats emotion like science. And it’s cheesy, but it’s not the worst. The worst is that there are too many other ideas at play – relativity (which could actually use an exposition drop), leaving, fathers and daughters, the one versus the many. There’s just too much. It’s ambitious (it reaches for the stars lol). But it’s broken (more like ‘Not So Stellar’ lol). 

No comments: