Thursday, January 10, 2008

I only talk about movies that fail me.

eagle vs. shark - 5.5/10. much of the cast come off as authentic and awkward and only slightly caricatured, and i can't look at the lead actress without wanting to take care of her for the rest of my life, but jemaine from flight of the conchords drags this shit down. he, more than anyone, is putting on an act, and it's unfortunate because, while the emotional weight of the story is on the girl, he carries the plot forward with gimmick after gimmick that only magnify the movie's flaws.

once - 7.5/10. it's precious. the songs are good, the chemistry is there, you want them to be together. it's not a love story in the same way 'my fair lady' isn't a love story. a lot of the songs remind me of the diana ross song from the end credits of 'land before time.'

2 comments:

djborisyeltsin said...

you giving once a 7.5/10 proves you have no soul.

not eb said...

feelings are lame.