Monday, January 11, 2021

Of stillness, the kingdom of God.

The sound of metal – 3.5/5

What do I want to say, I've forgotten how to do this. 

It makes me wonder why more movies haven't used metal as a backdrop? Pain! Anger! No room for subtlety! It's all at the front; everything is left on the stage. The movie is a good match for the genre; the frustration, the sweatiness, the ringing in your ear. Beyond that, I think the movie could have brought its story closer to the genre. It becomes a layer instead of the layer; addiction and girlfriends just aren't as interesting to me as perhaps a passion to play. A need to scream because you don't know how to speak. Riz Ahmed is great and deserves his props, but Paul Raci is the heart and soul. He is the stillness the movie harps on about; he's found his words and doesn't need to say them aloud.

Watched 1/3/21

No comments: