Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Do you wanna go somewhere else?

No Hard Feelings – 2.5/5

In three months time, I will question if I ever actually watched this generically-titled anonymous movie starring Jennifer Lawrence. Did I just watch the trailer? Did I see the poster somewhere? Am I thinking of some other movie altogether? I only just watched it and it has already mostly disappeared. I will watch it again out of pure forgetfulness. I need a name for these types of movies. Things you keep turning on because you forgot you ever turned it on. There's value in them; they grow dear because of how many times you accidentally rewatch them for the first time. All of those movies star Jennifer Aniston. Anyways. Jennifer Lawrence is a good comedic actress. Andrew Barth Feldman is a good comedic actor. There is good chemistry there. Unfortunately, the director has no sense of timing nor how to surround them with interesting actors or how to make the most of any given moment. (Come to think of it, he committed the same crimes in 'Good Boys.') The two leads force the movie into likeability by pure strength of character and willingness to engage.  

No comments: